Commitment, commitment. Some fear of it, some do not know what it entails truly. Your plan will be destined to fail if you start out very strong and as time passes, your effort dwindles and in the end you just quit.
My point is, to be able to commit, a passion or goal plan is needed. Don’t over/under-estimate what your are capable of. It will be really more sustainable when you work out a plan, the key here is SUSTAINABILITY.
Just like losing weight, a hasty loss will ensure a nasty rebound with negligence. Fitness works the same, your health and fitness is not going to improve with just a day, a week or a month’ effort. It’s all year long, for the rest of your life. Sounds terrible, but this truth is going to pay off.
Here’s a few ways to help you to commit to keeping fit!
1. Never skip breakfast. Never. Breakfast kicks start our metabolism and body for the day people tend to bring it forward to lunch (aka brunch). Three rules that I’d learnt: Eat breakfast like a KING, lunch like a PRINCE and dinner like a PAUPER.
2. I cannot stress this more for people who are starting out or find it hard to stick to a routine. Doing something you enjoy, perhaps with a friend will keep you going.
3. For me, I do have a habit. The day before I plan to go to the gym, I would get ready my bag pack with my gym must-haves (water bottle, hair tie, iPod, towel etc) and lay it down by the door so I wouldn’t have the excuse to escape.
4. Working out regularly is essential, preferably 2-3 times per week. But allow a day in between to rest your sore muscles. Over exerting or working out can cause injuries which further causes many inconvenience.
5. This tip is for the ladies. Treat your body as though you are constantly preparing for red carpet – YOU are your own movie star. Learn to love yourself. When you look good, you’ll feel good.