Relaxing to a cool chilly Sunday?
Fats,fats, fats! Most people get put off by this word or end up worrying about the fat content in everything they eat. Not so if we know what to look out for and put good fats in our body.
In fact, fats are essential for numerous body functions, including cell membrane repair, body warmth, organ protection and energy.
First up, here are some pointers you think won’t make you fat but actually are!
- Eating “low-fat”: Low-fat or fat-free foods replace harmless fats with low-performing carbohydrates that digest quickly, causing a sugar rush and, immediately afterward, rebound hunger.
- Sleeping too little or too much: Dieters who sleep five hours or less put on 2 and a half times more belly fat, while those who sleep more than eight hours pack on only slightly less than that.
- Drinking soda — even diet soda: Drinking one to two sodas per day increases your chances of being overweight or obese by nearly 33 percent. And diet soda is no better.
- Eating too quickly: It takes 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain that it’s had enough.
- Watching too much TV: A study found that overweight participants who reduced their TV time by just 50 percent burned an additional 119 calories a day on average.
Get your healthy fats by eating whole plant-based foods like nuts, seeds and avocados. Then, work to minimize (or eliminate) the amounts of extracted oils and processed fats you cook with on a daily basis.
- Choose whole foods (nuts, seeds, avocados) when looking for a micronutrient dense source of healthy fats.
- Minimize or eliminate extracted oils and processed fats (like margarine).
To find out more on how our Active Trainers and registered dietician can help you attain your fitness and lifestyle goals, kindly contact:
Name: Jason Lim
To find out more about Active Red, read about us here.
To choose an Active Kickboxing Programme, read about our different Kickboxing Programmes here.
Book your introductory workshop at Active Schedules.
To be a Certified Active Kickboxing Fitness Trainer, click on WAKO logo below:
Remember to follow us on facebook at:
“Like” Active Red Facebook Page
“Join” Active Red Facebook Group
For more info on WAKO, read about WAKO here.
To be updated on WAKO Singapore activities, join WAKO Kickboxing Singapore at: