Blueberries are the fruits of a shrub that belong to the heath family, which includes the cranberry and bilberry as well as the azalea, mountain laurel and rhododendron. Blueberries grow in clusters and range in size from that of a small pea to a marble.
They are deep in colour, ranging from blue to maroon to purple-black, and feature a white-grey waxy “bloom” that covers the surface serving as a protective coat. The skin surrounds a semi-transparent flesh that encases tiny seeds.
People talk about blueberries a lot, but do you know the many benefits it has?
1. The highest antioxidant capacity of all fresh fruit: Blue Berries, being very rich in anti oxidants like Anthocyanin, vitamin C, B complex, vitamin E, vitamin A, copper (a very effective immune builder and anti-bacterial), selenium, zinc, iron (promotes immunity by raising haemoglobin and oxygen concentration in blood) etc. boost up your immune system and prevent infections. Once your immunity is strong, you won’t catch colds, fever, pox and all such nasty viral and bacterial communicable diseases.
2. Neutralizes free radicals which can affect disease and ageing in the body: Blue Berries bring you the brightest ray of hope, for they are laden with antioxidants and rank number 1 in the world of antioxidants. This is mainly due to the presence of Anthocyanin, a pigment responsible for the blue colour of the blueberries. The abundance of vitamin-C is also a big factor for this as well.
3. Aid in reducing Belly Fat: A new University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center study suggests that blueberries may help reduce belly fat and risk factors for cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome.
4. Helps promote urinary tract health
5. Been proved to preserve vision
6. Brain health, heart disease
7. Constipation and Digestion
Here’s a quick 5 minutes receipe for Blueberry infused water!
1 tsp. honey
Juice from 1 lemon
4 oz. sparkling water
Step one: In a cocktail shaker add blueberries, honey and lemon juice. Muddle together with a fork and add ice.
Step two: Put ice in a tall glass and pour blueberry mixture into it. Then top off with sparkling water.
Step three: Garnish with lemon and blueberries and enjoy!
For more information on our group classes, contact us at:
SMU Caretalyst is a student-managed community service club in Singapore Management University (SMU) that started in 2008 with the aim to make a difference in the community.
YOLO Camp 2017 is an orientation camp by SMU Caretalyst, adventure of lifetime that will unfold the beginning of freshmen’s collegiate journey in SMU. Yield to affinity. Open your heart. Let the universe fight its own battles. Overflowing fun, friendships and unfading memories at YOLO Camp 2017!
Active Red is proud to be a sponsor of YOLO Camp 2017.
NTU Psychology Society strives to create an educated awareness of, and to foster a greater interest in, the field of Psychology to the masses in NTU and beyond.
NTU Psychology Society aims to provide an opportunity for Society members and everyone in NTU to learn about Psychology and Mental Health in the common, everyday life, and to equip them with skills which they can apply in life to enrich themselves and/or others.
Exam Welfare Day, NTU Psychology Society gave out goodie bags to students to power them up through the exam period, wishing them all the best with luck. Items such as stress balls are included in the welfare pack!
Active Life Center and WAKO Singapore is proud to be a sponsor of Ntu Psychology Society Exam Welfare Day 2017.
Here are the details of the event:
Name: Ntu Psychology Society Exam Welfare Day 2017